Sometimes, patients feel hurried or stressed during their medical appointments and forget to ask the questions they have been wanting to ask. Or sometimes, patients don’t know what questions they should ask.Some sample questions you may want to use before you end the call to an organization are:
- What kinds of assistance are you able to give to cancer patients?
- How long does it usually take to receive help?
- "How soon will I hear back from you?"
- "Is there anything else you need from me?" (such as paperwork)
- "What suggestions do you have for what else I should do to get the help I need?"
- "What other organizations would you suggest I contact?"
- "Thank you for trying to help me. I know you are busy and I appreciate you making time to help me."
- NOTE: If you are getting help from the web, print out each page that is helpful to you
You can also find a longer list of sample questions on the side bar - click Sample Questions (the "sample questions" list is still being added to)