Sexuality and Intimacy Questions
Questions to ask your Provider
top of page
- How will my treatment affect my sexuality and ability to have intercourse?
- Can I have intercourse during my chemotherapy?
- during my radiation therapy?
- during my cancer treatment?
- What can I do to manage my hot flashes?
- Can I take estrogen or other medications?
- What type of contraception should I use to prevent pregnancy?
- When can I begin to have intercourse after my pelvic surgery?
- Will my insurance or the IHS pay for a sexual counselor or sexual aids?
- What type of scars will I have from my surgery? What can I do about them?
- Will I be able to get pregnant/father a child after my cancer treatment?
- Is there medication I can take to increase my interest in sex?
- Are there positions that will make intercourse easier for me/my partner?
- How do I manage my stoma?
- What can I do if my vagina is shorter or narrower after surgery or radiation therapy?