Overview of Cancer in Native Americans
NOTE: These documents were made for double sided printing
- Circle Topics: Cancer 100 …download the PDF file 19.5MB
- Overview of Cancer in Native Americans
- What is cancer (CAN-sir)
- What types of cancer are having success with treatment?
- What are "risk factors?"
- What are examples of common behavioral risk factors?
- What are "hereditary" types of cancer?
- What are examples of behaviors that help to protect your health?
- What are common myths of providers about cancer in American Indians and Alaska Natives?
- What are common myths of American Indians and Alaska Natives about cancer?
- Cancer continues to increase among Native people
- What are common cancer terms?
- What is a Biopsy (bye-OP-see)?
- What is a cancer "diagnosis" (die-egg-NOH-sis)?
- What is Metastasis (ma-TAS-sta-sis)?
- What is a Tumor (TOO-mer)?
- Cancer Treatment
- How are most cancers treated?