Emotional -Working on deep emotions that usually are ignored or “stuffed”. If emotions are not dealt with they can cause physical problems or illnesses.
- Visualization is the process of focusing your concentration on a picture of what you want and seeing it as already being done.
- These techniques have a person “seeing” changes and healing in their emotional and physical situations.
- These techniques work very well with Native people because we are visual learners and understand visually.
- Integrative mind techniques for releasing that which no longer serves you (i.e. habits, beliefs, memories) and becoming who you truly want to be.
- Sometimes, but not always, touch is used to balance emotional problems.
- This is where person is hooked up to an electronic device to monitor their physical actions to different emotional problems.
- The monitor can detect when they are in a tense or relaxed state of mind.
- The goal is to get a person in a more balanced, relaxed, state of mind. This can be seen and heard by the readings of the electronic device.
- Bach flowers are the essence of 38 different flower remedies that work on specific emotions including various forms of grief, sadness, fear, despair, loneliness, oversensitivity, uncertainty etc.
- Flower essences address the mental and emotional aspects of wellness.
- These are taken by mouth in tincture form.
- EMDR-Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- This technique has a person moving their eyes, in a specific way, while remembering the emotional problem.
- It is found that the eye movement will change the way a person responds to the emotion in a much healthier way.