Welcome to the Natural, Complementary and Alternative Healing Methods branch of the Quality of Life Tree. Natural healing is using different methods to deal with our illnesses without the use of chemicals, drugs or surgery. Some people only use natural healing methods. Others use some natural healing methods to compliment their modern western medical therapies or what their providers/doctors/nurses have prescribed. These ways can also assist in the healing process.
1. What is the purpose of this branch (or twig? or small branch?)
The purpose of this branch of the Quality of Life Decision Tree is to provide you with:
- Information on different natural and alternative healing methods.
- Encourage you to include your own natural gifts in your healing process.
Objectives. By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Be aware of several natural and alternative healing methods available.
- Be aware of your own natural “tools/gifts”.
2. What information can you find here?
- Natural healing beliefs
- Types of Natural/Alternative healing techniques
- Self healing ways
3. How is the information organized?
The information begins with common beliefs of Natural Healing practitioners. Then a variety of natural healing procedures are briefly explained. The last part shares examples of self healing ways. Storytellers are also available in sections of the branch to share examples of what some Native survivors have experienced.