Trying to work while taking cancer treatments can be very hard.
If you have fatigue, it can be even more difficult.
There are many things you can do to make working a little easier.
- Talking with your employer or supervisor before treatment will help.
- It is also good to talk with at least some of your co-workers about your cancer and the treatment you are receiving. They can help you continue to work.
- You should work with your boss to set goals for your work.
- If you are very fatigued, see if you can work flexible hours.
- You might ask if you can delegate some of your tasks.
- Make sure to eat well and drink fluids.
- You may need to plan rest periods during the day.
- You also may want to help your co-workers to learn about your cancer so they can be more helpful.