Taking care of someone you love who has cancer can be very tiring. To make sure that you don't suffer from fatigue, there are some things that you can do for yourself. Among them are to:
- Take time for yourself and your own needs
- Eat well and get exercise
- Identify and use methods to reduce personal stress
- Set limits with loved ones. Don't spend every moment with them.
- Do things of personal value for at least 30 minutes at least 3 times per week
- Let family and friends help. They usually would like to but need to be asked.
- Share your feelings with others. It may help to join a support group.
- Keep lines of communication open with all
- Give yourself credit - "the care you give does make a difference"