This is an American Indian, community based, non-profit organization.
"SAVE THE DATE" - Native Patient Navigator's "Basic" Training 20 hours (certificate upon completion)
Agust 15, 2016 * 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 PM
Agust 16, 2016 * 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 PM
Agust 17, 2016 * 8:00 A.M. - 1:00 PM Learn more…PDF file…
Patient Navigation (PN) / Community Health Workers (CHW) / Promotores de Salud (PdS)
Excerpt for Patient Navigation Competencies only (.docx) download…
Amazon.com will donate 0.5% of your purchase prices to Native American Cancer Research Corporation with "NO" additional cost to you. Go to smile.amazon.com and pick "Native American Cancer Research Corporation" as your charity. Then when shopping at Amazon go to smile.amazon.com. Please tell others. NACR appreciates your help.
Click on the tree to go to the
Native American Education
for Survivors (NACES) pages.
NACR Staff available for Fee for Service Consulting
NACR staff members are available this year to provide training, consultation, meeting facilitation, and other services on a fee for service basis. For more information, please contact NACR at Native American Cancer Research with questions about possible consulting services.
"Native Cancer 101 Module 4: The Role of Genes in Cancer" go to…
"Native Cancer 101 Module 8: Biospecimens and Biobanks" go to…
"Native Cancer 101 Module 9: Chronic Conditions and Cancer" go to…
"Native Cancer 101 Module 10 Preventing and Early Cancer Diagnosis (Screening)" go to…
The awardees for Priority Area 1 (tribal public health capacity building) are
- Bad River Band of Lake Superior Tribe of Chippewa Indians (Wisconsin)
Journey Towards Wellness cancer prevention project
- Inter-Tribal Council of Michigan (Michigan)
Upper Peninsula Tribal Breast Health Coalition and Learning Collaborative
- Kalispel Tribe of Indians (Washington)
Tribal health system capacity building and quality-improvement projects to increase health system efficiency and streamline processes
- Pascua Yaqui Tribe (Arizona)
Identification, treatment, and prevention of hepatitis C among tribal members living in the New Pascua community
- Toiyabe Indian Health Project (California)
Diabetes primary prevention programs for American Indians in California
The awardee for Priority Area 2 (project evaluator) is
Funds will be used to strengthen and improve the infrastructure and performance of tribal public health agencies and tribal health systems through capacity building and quality improvement. We look forward to partnering with these six organizations as we continue to promote the health of American Indian and Alaska Native communities.
- Native American Cancer Research Corporation (Colorado)
Monitoring and evaluating for the five Priority Area 1 awardees
Case Study: 2013 Comprehensive Cancer Programs go to…
- Is to develop and test primary, secondary and tertiary interventions and influence the early adoption of prevention and control of cancer including:
- risk reduction
- screening (early detection)
- support or study of cancer and cancer-related issues among Native Americans.
- NACR does this through conducting and promoting research, education and training in those areas.
- Thus, NACR's mission is to reduce cancer incidence and increase survival among American Indians and Alaska Natives (AIAN).
- How This Mission is Addressed
- Conducting and promoting research, education and training in the cancer continuum
- Partnering with other Native organizations locally, nationally, internationally (Mayo SoE, Mayo Native CIRCLE, DIHFS, DIFRC, ITCMI, GPTCHB, NPAIHB, RCRH, MCN, IC HOPE).
- Partnering with non-Native organizations or institutions (Mayo Clinic, ACS).
NACR Research Caveats:
- The community must directly benefit from participating in community-based research ("benefit" includes some type of service or education intervention that is beyond taking part in a survey).
- The research needs to address the community's health priorities in a culturally respectful manner, while at the same time address health research priorities of the funding agency.
- Applied research in the community must be culturally respectful and invariably will include modifications that differ from academic theory.
- Members of the community-based "team" need to be included in leadership roles in every step of the research project, including the planning phase through dissemination.
top of page
Native American Cancer Research Corporation
P.O. Box 27494
Denver, CO 80227
Native American Cancer Research Corporation, Pine Office
3022 South Nova Road
Pine, CO 80470